At DOSC we offer four stages within the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme.
- TASTER SESSION ~ (one day course) This is aimed at six and seven year olds allowing time on the water to decide whether sailing is something they are interested in.
- STAGE ONE~(two day course) Basic sailing includes paddling, helming, reaching, tacking, parts of the boat
- STAGE TWO~ (two day course) Includes Sailing Upwind, Speed Control, Parts of the Sail, Rules of the Road)
- STAGE THREE*~ Advanced (eg Rig Independently, Sail Theory, Gybing, Man Overboard Recovery)
The courses take place either as weekly sessions, whereby you can sign up for the term, or on weekends & school holidays and run from 10am till 4pm
* Students with Sailing Experience outside the RYA Scheme can be taken for an assessment and be placed in an appropriate group.
For more information and to book on line please click on the link below